3/19/07

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's an Airbus A380!!!

The village where I was raised (and no, I am not referring to a burned-down village in the middle of a rice field in a warn-torn South East Asian country...LOL) is situated very close to the airport in Manila. Our house is directly beneath one of the main flight paths, thus I grew up equating a picture of a plane (specifically a BAC 1-11) with that of an alarm clock that rang during ungodly hours. It's because of this fact, that I am now hard of hearing.
I have always been fascinated by planes. My childhood friends and I would bike to the side of the runways (of an airport not of a fashion show) to watch the various planes take-off and land.

I find it so ironic that now that I live in the U.S., I continue to live close to an airport. In fact, if you take off from LAX
and are seated on a window seat on the right side of the plane, you are bound to see me on top of our roof waiving "bon voyage" at you.

Finally, the Airbus A380
,
the world's largest passenger airliner to date,
has reached the U.S.A. via New York's JFK and Los Angeles' LAX!
Here are two videos of the arrival at and departure from LAX:

First Arrival of Airbus A380 at LAX

First Departure of Airbus A380 from LAX

No comments: