11/26/07

A Different Coming Out of the Closet

OK, I admit it, I am a "pack rat". I have the tendency to keep almost every single little thing I come across in my life. This, of course, drives my super neat freak partner bananas.
Well, since we have been practically living out of boxes for the past several weeks, due to moving/storing most of our stuff for the painting of the inside of the house, I figured this would be the best time to admit myself to my own version of "pack rat rehab".
I did it! In the course of several days, I finally learned to let go of a lot of my personal junk and donate them to thrift shops. I came out of my closet and cleaned it out. Included in the several trash bags were very old clothes that I had brought with me on my move to the U.S. more than 12 years ago. I think, the clincher in letting go was when I discovered that I could no longer fit into all my size 28-inch waistline jeans. Waaahhh! LOL

No comments: