6/15/08

Sean and the City



As far as I can remember, some of my wholesome fantasies involved being (in no particular order) ... a superhero, a Broadway/rock star, a male supermodel, an animal trainer, or a host of some travel show.
So for the past few years, every time I travel, I started filming myself acting as if I was Anderson Cooper or Matt Lauer reporting from some remote exotic location for CNN, National Geographic, or the Travel Channel.
When LXTV, a local L.A. Lifestyle TV show, recently announced that they were having a
contest searching for a new host, I thought to myself, "Hey, I can do that!". After checking their website,
I saw that 95% of all the contestants who submitted entries already had past or have current professional experience hosting a TV show.
On the last day of the contest, I decided not to be intimidated and still come up with my very own audition video, albeit that it is, admittedly, very amateurish. Had I had the help of some of my friends, who are now accomplished film/commercial directors, fashion/costume designers, make-up artist, etc., I may have been able to present a more professional looking piece. But all I had with me was my trusty camera and Quik Pod. I managed to submit my video 11 minutes to go till the midnight deadline. What I didn't take into account is the time it would take to completely upload. So waahhh ... F+_)(*&^%$#@! ... I missed the cut-off! Even if I didn't have a chance against the pros, it still would have been nice to have been considered.
Since I already came up with a finished product, I might as well share it with you, my family and friends. I hope you like it.

LXTV hosting reel/audition video:
"Why should I be the new host of LXTV? Well, I found myself reporting about various places in this world, but never reported about my hometown. I may not have the professional background and/or back-up of a production crew like the other contestants,
I'm just a local guy who loves everything about Los Angeles!
Well, not exactly everything." ... (see ending of video).

For more pics/videos of my vaca-sean/saba-tical, please click HERE.

No comments: