11/29/09

Neo, my new Toyota Matrix

The end of my 39-month lease of "Robin", my old Inferno Red 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited, was coming up on December 3rd. With its low mileage of only 13356 miles, I was considering extending my lease for another month, so I could wait to make a decision of what to get next after the L.A. Auto Show on December 4th-13th.
Today, I decided to just go around the different dealerships to see who still has a good lease program in place. After checking out several, I ended up at Toyota in Santa Monica, CA at the end of the day. With it being the weekend after Thanksgiving, and Bill's great negotiations skills, I got a great deal that was way to good to pass. Went out to buy a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter...and came back home with a brand new Magnetic Gray Metallic car, the 2010 Toyota Matrix S. Presenting my new baby, "Neo" (Keanu's character in the movie, "The Matrix". Even if I've never seen the film trilogy, I felt this was the perfect name...or should I go with Keanu?...lol). Here he is in front of his sister, "Robin".

No comments: