2/9/06

“My Safari With My Life Partner”

"My Safari With My Life Partner"
Dedicated to Bill on our 10th Year Anniversary
11 August 2005


LIFE is a SAFARI!…

And in one’s EXPEDITION, there are

different ROUTES that one can TAKE to REACH a GOAL,

many ROADS that can LEAD to the DESTINATION.

One VITAL PATH in my LIFE

was that of the THOROUGHFARE of the HEART.

In the COURSE of my own TOUR, in every PASSAGE,

with each ENCOUNTER of new PEOPLE, PLACES, and CULTURES,

I EXPERIENCED a HIGHER SENSE of

ADVENTURE, LEARNING, and DISCOVERY

about MYSELF and OTHERS.

After YEARS of PEREGRINATING through RELATIONS without SUBSTANCE,

CONNECTIONS without DEPTH,

and ASSOCIATIONS without MEANING;

I finally FOUND my DREAM come TRUE,

my FANTASY REALIZED,

my DESIRE IMMORTALIZED.

I EXPLORED a WHOLE NEW REALM,

in which I CAPTURED the ESSENCE of LIFE and LOVE all in ONE BEING.

I MET my LIFE PARTNER!…

with whom I can ENJOY ROAMING the FACE of this EARTH

as we SATISFY our WANDERLUST.

Though our TREK on the ROAD less TRAVELED

was off the BEATEN TRACK,

and not as FOLK as the OLD WORLD would see it, we ENDURED.

We CLIMBED every MOUNTAIN and

THREADED down the VALLEYS of LIFE,

TRAVERSED through the turbulent HIGH SEAS of DIFFERENCES,

until we CONSUMMATED the REPOSE of CALM peaceful WATERS

FILLED with the TIES that BIND us TOGETHER.

We continue to WALK IN and OUT, HAND in HAND,

from DUSK till DAWN, OVER the RAINBOW and BACK…

hopefully up to our TWILIGHT YEARS

and till the END of TIME.

Our TRIP has only just BEGUN,

and yet it already seems like the JOURNEY of a LIFETIME!

With TEN YEARS of LOVE and BEYOND,

SEAN

No comments: