7/27/06

A.B.C. of A.B.C.

Last April, I got a clean bill of health from my doctor, during my annual physical.
But last June I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis, which is a disease that mainly affects the lungs.
Call it coincidental, psychosomatic, or blame it on the "
Brokeheart Mountain" in my chest, I have been bogged down by A Bad Case of A "Bulldogged" Cough for these past six weeks. My throat is not sore, but I have lost my normal voice because of it. I really have not been expectorating any phlegm, but the few times I did, it was tinged with blood.
According to my mother, asthma, bronchopneumonia, chronic bronchitis run in my family's health history. My doctors were concerned that it might be tuberculosis, simply on the account that I was born and raised in a third world/developing country. All of the test results came back negative and all of these diseases, including mold and allergies, have all been weeded out.
I then went through a barrage of pulmonary tests and fortunately my chest and breathing results came back normal.
Here is hoping that it is just some quirky summer allergy and I get better soon...

P.S. I guess I have to note that I am HIV negative, just in case you are one of those types who narrow-mindedly do the math and think: "gay man + sickness = must have AIDS" , and might unnecessarily worry about me.

No comments: