6/13/06

Happy Gay Pride - Happy Father's Day!

On June 27, 1969, The Stonewall Riots in New York City gave birth to the more radical Gay Liberation Movement.
Now the world was ready for my arrival. Less than 2 months later, my mother gave birth to her youngest. My father was the proudest father that day.

Since then, for the past 36 years, around this time of the year, Gay Pride is celebrated in almost every major city around the world. Although my marching days are way behind me, I still go to the celebration. For some reason, this year, this event made me think of my father.

I took my f
ather to one Gay Pride event a few years ago. I was so amused to see my very "macho" father beaming, as he asked me to take his picture with his hands holding a pair of double D-cup breasts on an almost completely naked "lady". I had to ask him on the way home, "Dad, you know that wasn't a real woman...didn't you?". He naturally replied, "Of course, I knew that, son!"... LOL

My father is flying in from my homeland to visit his children and grandchildren here in the U.S., just in time to be in L.A. for Father's Day. Too bad the Christopher Street West L.A. Gay Pride was held a week earlier, thus my father missed another opportunity to touch a pair or more of L.A. homemade scientifically enhanced boobies on a transexual...LOL

Of all the colorful fabulously flamboyant costumes, signs, banners, and floats in the parade in West Hollywood, this man with a simple sign was my favorite sighting:
This is not my father in the picture, but if my Dad were with me, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have any qualms about carrying this sign. Just like he told me several years ago, when I came out to him, "Son, I don't care if you're "happy", as long as you're "gay"... and I'm proud of you!". I know that these two words are synonymous, but I think he had one "Scotch on the Rocks" too many and meant it the other way around ...but I still understood what he meant to say...LOL

To all the fathers of gay children, I do hope you are proud of them, just like my Dad is proud of me and I wish you a Happy Proud Father of a Gay Day!

And to all the
gay men who are lucky to have children (whether it may have been by accident during the years of confusion, curious experimentation with a vagina, unknowing rape by a fag hag during a semi-conscious drunken state, sperm donorship, or adoption, etc.) ...
I wish you a Happy Proud Gay Father's Day!

To everyone in my community, I wish you Happy Gay Pride and
Happy Father's Day to my father and all the fathers in my life!

No comments: