12/8/06

I'm gonna live forever!

As a young child, I always had the fear of the concept of death. Not of my own but of my parents, since I came to them at a rather late age in their lives. Well today, I realize that I should have not worried. We celebrated my Dad's 85th Birthday. (That's right...my father had his youngest when he was 64...LOL.) Well, technically and legally it is his 84th, since his birth records were lost during the WWII, thus his recorded birthday is off by a day and a year.
For his celebration, my family and I took him out for dinner and dancing at
The Alpine Village. In spite of the fact that my dad still continues to smoke his Camel cigarettes and drink his Johnnie Walker Black Scotch whisky, he is still very spry and has outlived a lot of his peers. He is a medical anomaly. If ever you saw him "bust a move" on the dance floor, you wouldn't think he was an octogenarian. Both my paternal grandparents lived beyond 100. If ever I inherited my father's longevity genes, then I have to prepare to live a very long life and save up for my retirement and golden years. I feel very blessed to still have him in my life.
Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: